Monday, February 27, 2012

Interview Frustrations

1. It is super frustrating how many of these job search engines are linked to so many online college sites that will try to make you go back to school.  I mean, if you want to back to school, then I suppose it is a good thing--but I JUST GRADUATED!! PLEASE NO MORE!!! Haha.  I HATE when I get woken up early by a call from some random online college program because I forgot to click off every single one of the 30 "please don't send me more information" buttons on these job search sites.  I am sorry to say I am not super polite in the morning...

CALLER: Hello, Ms.  I understand you would like to go back to school...

ME: NO!! I just graduated! I am NOT going back right now!

CALLER: Oh, ok....well in that case we will just send you our information packet with---

ME: NO! DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING!! If I get anything in the mail, I will rip it up and I WILL EAT IT!!

Click.


2. I feel like it is the right thing to be honest with interviewers.  If I am applying for a retail position, and they see on my resume that I studied Film and Theatre...when they ask me what my dream job is....I am probably not going to say "to be the manager" of their retail store. 

3.  Why do I need to take a psychological exam while applying to work at a coffee shop?? Is that really necessary?

4.  When did the interview process become so complicated? I am currently in the middle of a very prolonged 4-part interview for a job as a desk greeter. Each time I come in I either shadow someone for 15 minutes, watch someone use the phone, or show that I can memorize the company policy--and there is probably a good week or two in between interviews because they are so busy.  Um...excuse me? I would actually like to start working now.  I'm sure they know enough about me by now to know if they want to hire me.  As my mother always says "It's not rocket science."  Come on, they either want me or they don't.  I'm either qualified, or I'm not.  Done. 

Really, the interview process has just gotten overly complicated and silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment